View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 05:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyRacer View Post
I haven't tried this yet and probably won't. I guess I'm more focused on the uptake method, which is where the B1 deficiency is likely caused so I'm working on benfotiamine for the moment along with some B tabs that you take under your tongue, and directly into the blood. That way I avoid intestinal uptake problems ..

I may give it try later and will definitely remember it ..
Thiamine seems to be good, Benfotiamine maybe better. but I wonder if Sulbutiamine might be best. See link below: Thanks Anagirl! I'm enjoying this crowd research! I'm no doctor but I suggest that before this one is tried, one should check with your doctor. It seems to be a drug available by prescription anyway.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2210/8/10

Benfotiamine that is practically insoluble in water, organic solvents or oil was solubilized in 200 mM hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin and the mice received a single oral administration of 100 mg/kg. Though thiamine levels rapidly increased in blood and liver to reach a maximum after one or two hours, no significant increase was observed in the brain.

Conclusion

Our results show that, though benfotiamine strongly increases thiamine levels in blood and liver, it has no significant effect in the brain. This would explain why beneficial effects of benfotiamine have only been observed in peripheral tissues, while sulbutiamine, a lipid-soluble thiamine disulfide derivative, that increases thiamine derivatives in the brain as well as in cultured cells, acts as a central nervous system drug.

Last edited by zanpar321; 03-09-2015 at 06:23 PM.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BreezyRacer (03-09-2015)