View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 05:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default think I understand that statement

Glenn's comment about his wife and checkbook is amazingly clear to me. It's not a control thing. More than likely it's because she can't balance one.

My math education was sadly neglected. And while I understand the whole concept of the check book and what it is for, I have yet to be able to balance one. My husband doesn't object to my writing checks, it's just that he is the one who balances the thing. I can't seem to do it unless I do it electronically. And yet for many, many years, I was in charge of keeping aircraft records (yes,... lots of numbers) for a large company and was audited and always was near perfect, I still can't balance a checkbook. Simple arithmetic.

For years, I did the wallpapering, interior painting, worked a full time job with lots of overtime, cleaned a 4 bedroom house, raised two boys, (was the only woman in a house with 3 males and all of this at the same time. I bought all the clothing, made all the doctor's appt, planned and cooked meals and decorated the house. In return he worked about the same hours, did the yard work until the boys got old enough to help, did repair work around the house (only after I told him it was broken beyond usage), and managed our major finances for investments. I paid all the bills until I retired when I handed it over to him and told him it was time for him to do it. Remember...I can't balance a checkbook.

I saw so much similarity in Mrs. D's, Cyclops, and GlennT's posts. So much that seems so like my husband and self.

We are a couple that is well matched. He is passive, introverted and shy. He is extremely smart, multiple college degrees and still wants to learn everything he can. I am a typical Leo, outgoing, tempermental, never met a stranger and wants to run the world! All in all, it comes down to this. Finding the right match.

Men are men and women are women. Seems so simple, doesn't it?

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote