View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 11:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks, A Little Worried, Questions

Thanks for your replies (above).

I have already ordered from Amazon the cream, and will keep in mind the other suggestions given.

As I also have myasthenia gravis, (MG)which is fairly well controlled with some hefty MG meds.

The problem with MG is that it can be exacerbated, even with fairly good medicine protocols, by factors including stress, infection, pain, etc.

Pain! Yikes - the pain I have been feeling and the burning, etc. on my feet have at times, been excruciating. And my MG has been not quite as controlled during these moments. Note; MG can affect breathing; I have been hospitalized a few times due to MG breathing issues (called a myastenia gravis crisis).

I appreciate all the info I can get from those here who have PN.
Because I really need to try to get this PN under control, so it doesn't exacerbate the MG. Sigh...............

I am not sure how much my neuro knows about PN, nor my internal med doc. Both have good poker faces; and both have seen me with MG crisis situations, and I was really very very ill.

So far, I have just been dx'ed based on symptoms reported.

Basic blood work has come back ok - just added B12 blood work which I had done Friday.

Question: WHO treats PN? Neurologists or rheumotologists (sorry about spelling). Or?

Just trying to get some info from those who know
The people here.

Thanks in advance for further replies, and again for the ones already given.

SoftTalker
(my username because of how MG affects my voice)

Hmm.......
SoftWalker = could very well become my username for this PN group, based on how my feet are feeling.
SoftTalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote