View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jen,
What you are discribing sounds exactly like an aura sz. and I would report it to your neuro. The brain is the most active when we are asleep and there have been times when I have come out of a cp sz. (complex partial) when I've been sound asleep and then it wakes me up.
Some people are photosensitive which means certain colors can cause sz. for some people. You might want to ask your epi to do a special e.e.g. on you the next time you have one done where they will flash different color strobe lights one at a time to see what colors if any bother you and can trigger a sz. I had this done and I found out bright white like when the sun is shining on the snow, florescent green and amber were the 3 main colors that triggered sz. for me. If you're interested check out this web page for more info. http://www.neuropat.dote.hu/neurology.htm when the main page comes up click on epilepsy and you will find a lot of info. about different forms of sz. AEDs, and medical treatments for E. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote