Thread: Terrified
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 07:19 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Thank you for your time!

I do get strange bouts of tiredness, sometimes extreme sometimes not. I've never tried to pinpoint if they coincide with any other symptoms because I've never thought of seizures being anything more than a loss of complete consciousness and twitching.

I do have headaches quit a bit, some stronger than others, but again I never tried to pinpoint a reason internally. I've always figured they arose from stress or not enough caffeine.

I'm reading that deja vu and jaimas vu are part of seizures? I get intense feelings of dejavu during the day at least once a week. I've woken up at night to extreme jaimas vu; I won't recognize my room and wonder why I'm not at a distant past bedroom, I'll become incredibly terrified, I won't recognize who my husband is next to me, and then the understanding comes. The feeling of fear doesn't leave, but I'll slowly remember who I am again and where I am, and by that time I'm exhausted and pass out again. That was another reason my old therapist thought I was DID.

I did have a provoked seizure once, though the feelings were the same as when I used to 'pass out' as a kid. My mother's friend was helping me move and I asked her for some Tylenol because my back, which is bad, was hurting. When I went to get water, she grabbed them from her bag. I didn't look at them, just trusted her and took them. Unfortunately, she gave me two of her prescription tramadol. They can cause seizures.

It started with feeling very very sick. I ran to the bathroom. My head felt heavy, and the nausea grew to the point I was trying to make myself sick, just to make it stop. Then I started to feel weak and my vision started to black out. I got this sensation that I was dying, that I was doomed to death, and tried to run out of the bathroom. I went down. My husband picked me up and tried to bring me to the bed, but I was already convulsing. He threw me on the bed because I was so stiff. I didn't lose any awareness at all, and that made my fear worse. I remember repeating "I'm not supposed to be awake!" Over and over again.Then it faded. I forced myself to stay awake because I was so afraid to go to sleep, but I eventually went to bed.

I didn't go to the hospital because I didn't want to look like one of the local drug heads or get my mom's friend into trouble for an accident.

That's one of the reasons I assumed all seizures were mainly physical. I didn't think a headache was a sign (unless it was debilitating), or dejavu/jamaisvu, or weird stomach issues, or tingling, or my space outs, etc.

What are your space outs like, if anyone experiences those?
LinaeveStar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote