View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 12:23 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living N Pain View Post
Chronic pain isn't considered as nearly (or properly treated) as seriously as it should be IMHO.
Most everyone that has suffered severely for a very long period of time has had the same thoughts cross their mind, tried and failed, or felt that moment of truth and stopped.
There have been times when I myself have came down to the wire, the two main reasons that the job wasn't completed may sound silly to some.
I have four grown children and six grandchildren, I Pray that they never have to understand life with CP.
Personally them remembering that I chose to end my life over something that they don't understand would break their heart.
A good friend of mine was hit head on by a drunk driver and left quadriplegic, for thirteen years he slowly deteriorated until he passed.
Things can get very tough at times, yet somewhere out there someone is in far worse condition than I am and most likely you are.
For far too many years I have fought severe pain, I may never actually "win", but I will not surrender either.
Hang in there, when you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on tight.
When it seems like the world would be a better place without you..... ask yourself the question, do my family and friends, the people that love me feel the same way ?.
Deep down we all know the answer.
Maybe I am a little different, a smile, hug, or "I love you" makes what life I do have left worth any pain that I could ever suffer.
so beautifully said
thank you
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (12-11-2015), OhKay (12-14-2015), SamG11 (12-11-2015), Wren (12-11-2015)