Thread: peg
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
I did well - very well. IT WILL BE A SLOW PROCESS, but I hope to get off all meds (wishful thinking, I know) but it has been done before it just takes time and tenacity.

The final surgery was gory sounding - they asked me to not clench my teeth and it wouldnt sound so bad. it still sounded like a chainsaw massacre! What did I do during all ofo this? I sang! All verses of Just As I Am. It was 3 weeks before I got back to turn the programmer on - no dyskinesia! Slight tremor in each hand, but no twisting or writhing. no dystonia either. It's so hard to explain. It's like I was in somebody else's body. They arent finished making adjustments. It will take 3-6 months. but PTL!!

Thank you for your concerns and prayers. I'm 65 and have two holes in my head, but still hsve a brain. I love all ofo you - I really mean that!
Peggy
Sounds like you"re doing just great. Like to pick your brain (no pun intended) sometime in the coming weeks. Im going for a DBS consult around the end of Jan and it would be good to hear from a trusted source about the ordeal.
Merry Christmas,
Scott Suffridge
ScottSuff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote