View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 10:07 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
I saw a functional health doctor yesterday and we had a talk about fillers in supplements. She told me something I never realized and was wondering if you've ever thought about this?

In supplements under "Other Ingredients" it never tells you the amounts of these other ingredients. According to the doctor you could buy a vitamin with only 1 filler listed and actually have more filler used in this product then in another that listed 3-4 fillers. I know it's quality not quantity but still interesting.

According to this doctor the company she "promotes" (no names) uses a method to cut down on the amount of filler needed especially with anti-adherents/lubricant issues. The way this is accomplished is keeping the humidity very low in the processing area through large dehumidifiers, etc. keeping the active ingredients from clumping.

Regardless, for those of you who do not know much about fillers that are routinely added to our health products I am including a link with some basic information. With Big Pharma buying some of our supplement companies ("Big Herba") I think it's good to be more aware.

http://www.ndhealthfacts.org/wiki/Ex...ts_and_Fillers

It is very interesting. I have found certain supplements seem to make a difference when I taken them, while others seem like a total placebo. So far, I have found life extension to be one of the brands I trust the most in terms of quality and potency.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinkynose (01-08-2016), zkrp01 (01-08-2016)