Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 10:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
After spending the entire day on the phone, researching, and eventually just feeling completely defeated, we apparently have one of a few choices. We have been on a plan from the Marketplace since my husband is self-employed, and the company I work for only has 4 employees so we let our insurance program go back in 2008. My husband's company still has not fully recovered from the economic problems a few years back, but with my income, we have been able to get by.

We have a few options, of which, none of them are really all that good. We can both go on Medicaid, where I will have a tough time getting the care that is needed. It's not that I can not receive the care, I will just have to fight a lot harder for it. We can pay the full price for a plan without any tax credits applied, which unfortunately is not an option due to our finances. The last option is that my husband will go on Medicaid, and I will re-apply for a plan at full price. If that last choice is actually an option will take a few more phone calls later on tomorrow. The way things were explained to me earlier today were a little confusing and need some more clarification before we can make a choice as to what we will do. It was explained to me that because our taxes are filed jointly, we both would have to purchase a plan, or both go on Medicaid. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so tomorrow I will call the marketplace to see if I can get some real answers.

I know so little when it comes to insurance. It can be so frustrating trying to figure all of this out when it was thrown at us out of no-where.
Errr, how frustrating! Hmmm? I don't understand the joint insurance thing. You may want to investigate that a little more by talking to an insurance rep rather than the good Ol' Government of the U.S of A! Our society is getting so complicated. It is ridiculous. And the thing is, This is really really important. Wouldn't it be nice if there were a medical advocate for CRPS patients? A person like that would be invaluable in our society I would think. *SIGH* I hope everything works out. Please! Please keep us posted.
"Thanks for this!" says:
mama mac (02-18-2016), PurpleFoot721 (02-17-2016)