Thread: CRPS and Flying
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 02:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spike- View Post
Great tips! Thanks. I have a very tough time letting my leg rest in the seated position. My feet can't rest on the floor for more than 2 minutes without me flaring up in a very pain filled way. Have you (Or anyone else on here) tried flying first class with CRPS? It seems there would be more leg room. Or is there a spot for a wheel chair to sit where my leg could be resting up off the floor?

*Imagine that, I used to love to fly! Silly CRPS. How dare it make my life more complicated?* (as he tosses a ping pong ball against the wall and catches it a few times)
First class definitely has more leg room (and a much more comfortable seat). I have only flown first with my son (emergency surgery out of state & the airline decided since I paid hella $ for the tickets, we deserved an upgrade)

There's really not room for a wheelchair (as a matter of fact, those have to be gate checked and the airlines have what they call aisle chairs to transport from the gate to the seat). Maybe cold get a few smaller pillows in a carry on and use those ??? Your best bet may be to fly at an odd time and try to select a seat with no one next to it at the time of booking...maybe you could be able to put your leg up on the seat next to you. I have the same problem, with having my leg down...I can barely stand being in the car but I'm able to get my leg out further in a car at least.

I would fly to the grocery store if it was available to me...I love flying.