View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 09:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurochic View Post
Hi Becca

You said "I can't drive due to it being my right foot". I assume you have an automatic rather than a manual (stick shift) car. If you do then there's no reason you couldn't have hand controls fitted to your car - they allow you to drive without needing to use either of your feet to operate the pedals. You'd only need a set of basic push-pull hand controls because you don't have complex disabilities so they are cheap and easy to have installed. They don't affect the ability of other drivers to use the pedals as normal. You might at least have one less thing making your lives so difficult.

I have CRPS but I am unable to walk and have to use a wheelchair - not because of the pain but because of the severe dystonia and other movement disorders I have which make walking impossible for me. I've been using hand controls to drive for seven and a half years now and they really are easy to use. It would be worth at least looking into it because it really could make a massive difference to your life and that of your husband. If you improve so that you can drive normally again then you just take them out.
Always thought those were a lot more expensive than they are. Thank you Neurochic. I never would have looked into them if you didn't mention them here.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (03-22-2016), Littlepaw (03-22-2016), RSD ME (03-21-2016)