View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nikko,

For whatever reason the father has, he is not going to take your side 100%. Forget about getting support from him.
He has his own reasons and it is hard to get inside the head of another person.

I would not forward the jerk's mail. I would be writing "Not at this address" and "Return to sender." You don't need to be so accomdating and then feel bad that no one appreciates what you do. Check with your DV counselor or lawyer about this. But, in my mind, if he no longer lives there, then he no longer gets mail there either.

I know that you want to see justice done. But you might not get it. The state will do what it usually does. And you don't know what is going on exactly with the judges and lawyers. But don't worry. As long as you keep him away from you, you will have what you need to go forward with your life.

I suppose you could try suing him in civil court. But as you said he has little money (that you know about). And I have no idea how this would work. Still, it is an avenue you could consider if you expect the state court to disappoint you.

Are you going through divorce court?

Nikko, this is a hard period to go through. Do your best and focus on what is important. I feel for you.

Sending hugs.
Mari