View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 12:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello Bud,

Thank you so much! You are correct and I feel horribly guilty that I feel that way. I love my daughter and if I could I would trade places in a heartbeat. When I discuss how she was it is with my husband and NEVER in her presence. I would never want her to feel bad. What happened to her was not her fault it was an accident that no one would expected the out come. I do morn about her struggles with my husband. I hurt for her. I honestly felt alone until I was reading on this group. I have received more advise on this site than I have from and medical profession. I have went all over the state of Oregon and made hundreds of phone calls, etc. The biggest thing that I miss that it is truly the hardest for me is her emotional well being. I did start the vitamins that are listed and started to wean her off the Zoloft and I can see a HUGE difference in her. She is smiling again that is huge for me as a mother knowing she is happy. Thank you for the encouragement and understanding. No one truly understands unless you have lived in in some form.

Cheers,

Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Rambo,

I applaud you and your husbands dedication....you are of tremendous significance to her recovery.

The only suggestion I have is to not be anxious to get who your daughter WAS back. Do your best to make her comfortable with the now her and keep attainable goals in her path.

My rebuilding process involved deciding what of my past was important and attainable and then prioritizing that list for achievement. Rather than missing me I looked at my past as a shopping spree sort of for my new goals.

Hang in there and don't let others get you down....as with anything else in life no but but those of like experience can relate whether it is a good or bad experience.

Bud
rambomomto6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote