View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 04:43 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson View Post
15 months is a long time, are you sure that the cause was the car accident and not something else, like a bad hit in kickboxing sparring? (by the way, I also trained MMA and have done a couple of sparring, coupled with partyng and driking, the month after the accident when I still believed that my symptoms were a stress-related psychomatic disorder, so I can emphatize a lot with you, altough my symptoms came right away a day and half after the accident).

Also, did you have not cognitive deficit such as trouble thinking, trouble reading, trouble putting your feelings in actual toughts and sentences and/or memory problems?
As I've never had health issues or surgeries before, the car accident is the only physical event that occurred during that time frame I can use to correlate with my symptoms which are typical for PCS. The only cognitive deficiency I had in the beginning was staying focused. My brain couldn't handle the work load of viewing a computer monitor for more than 1-2 hours without long breaks in between. The psychological issues still linger -fear of my condition getting worse and trying to find the root cause of my dizziness. It is possible that I might've developed something else before my car accident or it could be that my my neck injury was slowly taking a toll on blood flow to my brain in combination with liquor and over-stimulation. All the exams I've been taken (MRI with contrast, CT scan, SPECT scan, VNG, VEMP, BPPV, Heart stress test, EKG, blood work) the results for each have always come back negative for any problems. The last exam I'm going to request is called a "Carotid & Vertebral Dopper Exam" which will determine if there's any issues with blood flow to the brain.
StayPositiveNStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote