View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 02:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you for the informative post brokenwings

I am so pleased to learn about this information re: diagnosis of RSD by the AMA. Dr. Kilpatrick can certainly be applauded for his efforts on behalf of all RSD patients. I think I may write him a letter thanking him for his support. Too bad there isn't some way would could all make a concerted effort to do things like this on our behalf. This way we could be using our energies in a positive way.
I'll have to check out his address on the internet. Do you all think this is a good idea? It just seems to me that somehow we could be proactive (those of us who up to the task as I know RSD can be challenging enought to deal with).
I appreciate reading research related info on this topic.
I do not have many of the symptoms in the *8 criteria. However, I have been diagnosed with RSD by several leading physicians in the country. I have severe mostly aching pain(sometimes severe aching becomes burning- actually sometimes my entire body is burning) and it may or may not have started in my arm. My history of full body pain is so bizzare - too complicated to explain but I am now disabled because of it. My nervous system and neuromuscular system is just not wired correctly. I have unusual reactions to normal treaments. That is probably the same for many with RSD or Fibro. I have both.
Doctors need to read more about RSD and I guess we need to help them and support docs especially people like Dr. Fitzpatrick.
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote