Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 07:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca71 View Post
That's got to be super frustrating. I'm so sorry. I'm sure he is having a hard time. As a spousal caregiver myself it is a difficult place to be. If he is the type who would use online support in a forum, I found Well Spouse Association to be a lifesaver. There is a small fee ($30) to join, but it is worth every cent. IF it is a hardship he can contact them it can be waived. Perhaps getting some support for how he feels will help him manage better.

Anyway, maybe if you try to have an honest talk where you acknowledge the additional pressure he is under, and clarify the most important needs, and then the things that you think you can be ok if he lets them slide sometimes, and then the things you can handle, he will feel more like a "team" ? I don't know your situation and how you have handled things, but I know what it is like to be married to someone with a disability.
Thanks. I don't think there's a chance my husband would be interested in something like that. We keep having talks about what I need from him...and I really think he does try...but I know he's frustrated by all of it. Not at me...just with the situation.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (12-31-2017)