View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 01:59 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Mark,

Thank you very much for being so patient and direct at the same time. You are probably right and I will follow your advice. Just a couple of points below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
No head movement like a chiro adjust is going to cause a concussion. If you whipped you head back and forth for a few minutes like they do in head banging, yes, you could mess things up. A chiro adjust..... NO
I have PCS because I was not cautious enough in the acute phase after my second concussion: I was feeling completely symptom-free 5 days after the impact, and I stupidly walked very quickly (almost running) on approximately 20 meters to catch a bus. This was nothing, and yet all symptoms came back immediately and more intensely, and I haven't recovered since then. This is why I am (perhaps excessively) concerned with hits and head movements that happen a few days after an impact, even if these events would not be a source of concern if they were isolated.

Quote:
Bolting up out of bed would not be a concussive force. Not even a sub-concussive force.
Sorry if I was unclear: I took this example to illustrate that body movements while asleep can be quick, and potentially dangerous if one hits a hard surface like a headboard in the process.

Quote:
At 10 days post impact, you should be getting on with your normal activities. If any of them trigger immediate symptoms, back off a bit. Do not look for symptoms. You will always find them, especially if you struggle with anxiety.

Your tension headaches are likely due to your anxiety, at least partly.

LET GO. You are over thinking everything. That is messing you up.
You are right that I have been excessively anxious for the last 10 days. I am having a hard time controlling this fear. Your advice is invaluable and I will follow it. Thanks a lot again.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote