View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
All I can ask you is, were you really warm or cold during either the first or second set of nerve conduction tests? Reason I ask [believe I'd posted it about 6 months ago] is a paper written by the head of an area neuro dept here that indicates tests can come out INCORRECT due to YOU being too hot or cold....Temperature and nerve conduction varies during hot or cold times!

Here is a site all about what are called 'Toxic Neuropathies' -Chemo is one of them: http://www.neuro.wustl.edu/NEUROMUSC...ther/toxic.htm

Ask questions away after trying to figure this one out...I believe you WILL see some things there that will give you clues....If you want more references, I can find them....Hang in there! - j
That's very interesting.

I have a question for you:
When I had my nerve conduction tests they showed that my right leg had the most loss of conduction. (sorry, I forget how to use the words).

But at the same time the toes on my left foot were the most numb and extremely hard to move.

When I asked my neuro about that, wondering why if the symptoms seemed so bad in my toes, they didn't show up more on the tests.

He said it was because in order to measure there have to be two points, and there isn't any point beyond the toes...

Have you any insights? Experience????

I know I have to keep my feet warm, but it's often hard to do since they don't seem to register temp very well any more.