Thread: Fed up...
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 07:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogga View Post
Hey Daniella

How are you? Basically I'm a quadraplegic.

I need turning, dressing, hoisting, washing, hoisting ontot the toilet, my teeth brushed, my face washed, my hair brushed, my physio and stretches done, feeding, transfers to wheelchair from bed, transfers to the car, someone to give me my medication, someone to accompany when I go out, someone to put my splints on when needed etc. My carers do some of that, they dress me, do some of the stretches, some of the splints, feed me, do hair/ teeth but they need a hand with some of the hoisting and physio but mum doesn't want to do it because she truly believes that if I try hard enough I can do it. Yeh, right, now. That would be nice! LOL. Mentally I'm ok with it - yeh, it's definetly not easy, but I can manage somehow.

Holiday - Becksy (a mate and carer) and I are going away on holiday together, we are going inter railing around europe, the new plan is that we go from the UK to holland to berlin, to vienna to slovenia and then fly back over about 10 days. Sounds good huh? It's going to be hard for Becksy but I am probaly going to be catheterised so we won't have to bother with bathroom transfers and we just won't bother with physio other than pressure relief and will just cut back the stuff we are supposed to do to the minimum also I am lucky that she can lift me easily so we aren't bothering with hoists.

Love ya

Froggsy xxxxxxxxx

Hi Frogga,

Please tell me to sod off if I am asking the wrong questions and if you think I should just mind my own business but I was wondering what your neurologist attributes your quadraplegia to?
There seems to be so much that you are enduring that is just not acceptable by any standards.
I feel so sorry for you that it seems that your medical team seem to allow you to have all these shocking problems without there seeming to be any interventional medical management. It seems very much like they have wiped their hands of you and you just have to deal with it . This goes against every single grain of the nurse in me.
At your age you deserve better and I am very sad for you. I have awful dystonia of my legs and spasmodicaly my arms but can't figure the pathology of RSD that could render you totally unable to move, which is why I so wish that your doctors would take you under their wings and find the reason.
Sorry if I am seemingly emotional about this but I have children your age and I can't even imagine the hardship for you and your family. I would so rather it be me who suffers than my children.
Please take care and as I said, I apologise for all my questions.
Tayla xo
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote