View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Megan:

Hi, My name is Melody. Welcome to our little group.

First thing you should do is start taking Methylcobalim. It's the best form of B-12. Doesn't matter what your B-12 level is. What the "EXPERTS" consider normal (for people with neuropathy), well, it's not normal. We should be in the 4 digit range.

Next thing you should do is copy everything that Glenntaj posted in his response to you. Paste it into a microsoft word document and print it out.

Bring it to your neurologist.

Glenn knows what he is talking about.

There are many many things that cause all types of neuropathy. My husband has been diagnosed with CIDP. Stands for Chronic Inflammatory Demylinating Polyneuropathy. My husband's mom had Guillian Barre when she was 53. Many many years ago.

Every single doctor we told this to poohed poohed us and said "no, it's not related to Guillian Barre. When I went on the Guillian Barre website, guess what I found? CIDP is a variant of Guillian Barre.

Do any of your parents or their parents, well, have they ever had Guillian Barre or MS or anything to do with nerve problems?

And they diagnosed my husband finally (after 15 or so years of neuropathy), well it took a Lumbar Puncture, and they found the protein in his spinal fluid and they said "Oh, there is auto-immune stuff going on here".

And when a spinal tap is done by a "good guy", well, my husband did not feel it. The guy used a fluroscope over the area and got it on the first try. It all depends on who does it.

So good luck on your journey. And come back and let us know how you are doing.

Remember, show the doctor what Glenn posted. Might even help him out a bit.

The guys on these boards know LOTS OF GREAT STUFF.

All the best

Melody

P.S. I've been taking 5000 each morning of the Methyl B-12.
NO more pins, needles, buzzing and burning. I am diabetic. I gather that's been ruled out in your case. Doesn't matter. Methyl B-12 saved my sanity and my life Give it a try. Look it up on Rose's website.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote