View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicc, I just wanted to say "Thanks". I have been doing a bit of research since you started this thread. I am fascinated by your approach to this awful disease.

There is a dr. named B. Kaada who has many articles about ischemia in the European Heart Journal. I think you might find some of this info helpful.

Oddly enough, I came across the name of this Dr. through a printout given to me for my TENS unit. Kaada's name is on it, and basically he/she equates rsd/crps with ischemia.

I hope this name helps you in some small way to prove your theory. I would dearly love for you to be correct, so we can all get the treatment we need and deserve.

Like you, I have virtually no life off my couch or bed. As my legs are elevated above my heart 24 hours a day, I have little in the way of color changes, unless I am on my feet at the grocery store for a while. As my crpsII spreads to other limbs, I have noticed that the color changes don't ever start in the limb! I get all the cramps, spasms and pain, however. I can't say that the pain isn't related to my other conditions (epilepsy & aids), though... I know the aids is the reason for my inability to heal properly, it's probably responsible for the pain not subsiding with the other symptoms. The meds I am supposed to take for aids would also add greatly to my pain levels... they cause peripheral neuropathies, joint pain and muscle problems of every sort. That's why I am NOT on any... the whole dying of aids thing is a lot more merciful than a lifetime of crpsII.

Keep up the good work, Vicc! Without people like you working towards a proper diagnosis, this mess will never be cleared up.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.