View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Kyzy

I had those exact same symptoms you had when I first started with the RSD in 98. I am not kidding. I was so bad that I was so suicidal I was a mess.

I did have several things going on along with the RSD though and I am wondering if you don't have Fibro along with the RSD.

I couldn't wear a bra for a few years. I was told I was having anxiety and panic attacks along with what was going on. I was in so much pain I felt like that was the cause of not being able to sit still or sleep at night. I slept with 2 heating pads, I used my braces for my other problems and used 3 Lidoderm patches to try and calm it down. I even took pictures of how I looked for my Dr. I also had a shoulder brace and neck brace to wear for other problems. I spent almost 4 years in PT to calm things down along with triggerpoint injections, 100's of them and 3 blocks. I also used 2 tens units for a couple of years.

Bill opened all of my bottles and cans. Now Dustin does when he is here. There are times I just put things back because I can't get them open.

I had the muscle spasms in the neck, shoulders and back. It was horrible. I got many of triggerpoint injections in those areas to calm it down.

My little finger is smaller on the right hand then the left. My right hand is in worse shape all together then the left. They also spasm up and look deformed at times. At first when I had TOS surgery I thought that took care of the spasms but they started back up again about a year ago.

I can't wear heavy coats nor heavy coats. There are days I only wear shorts because of being so uncomfortable in anything else. I can't wear long sleeve blouses. I have a few but I put those things on and then I come right back out of them. My body gets too hot all over and then I go into more of a pain cycle.

I get the mottled colors in the palm of my hands and they swell when I walk and swing them or use them too much.

The blocks helped me the most with the pain along with the triggerpoint injections.

I hope you do get the help you need to get better. I know exactly where you are at right now and it is bad. I would make sure I had a Dr. that was up on RSD and also look into the Fibro. It does come with the RSD at times. We do have a Fibro forum where you can read up on it.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote