View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 01:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanityfaire View Post
It really does sound like you have it Dianna. The best way that I have had to describe the pain is its like a porcupine, electrical feeling. The burning is just that as if you had been burned. My feet now are red and swell. I have RSD and lymphodema in my left foot.
I do need to keep the medication levels up. I take neurontin 1500mg a day and hydrocodone 750 (4) day.
I tried Methodone and could not do that one, I had slurred speech and not able to get my thoughts out. It wasn't a high either it was like a delay. I felt perfectly fine. Just couldn't talk so not able to work when I was in that state. I also tried cymbalta that did not work for me.
I have had 2 nerve blocks. The first did not work and they went in and did it directly into my leg rather than the spine. That helped a lot.
I am only now hearing about the Kenatine so I didn't realize that was a treatment.
How frutstrating Huh? I almost fear when night comes and the need to try to sleep. The worse time for me.
Yeah, nights are hard for me as well. My kids keep me going with or without pain. At night, when its quiet, I am more aware of the pain. The porcipine electrical feelings are a perfect description for my pain.

I had two ganglion nerve blocks and two trigger point injections. Cymbalta gave me TERRIBLE nightmares! It seemed like I tried neurotin or trazadone for a while but it was to hard to get up in the AM and my 3 & 5 year old dont give me any breaks in the AM! My doctor feels that the ketamine is my final hope.

I cant help wonder if my c4 buldging disk is causing all my problems. My pain is constant, but worse in different positions.

Would you do the ketamine infusion?
dianna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote