View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, age 9 is creeping up faster than I want to acknowledge it LOL! So maybe that will be the age of understanding for mine, as well.

My dad's side of the family *who have mellowed out and apologized since their crap from when I was a kid* is extremely tolerant of Aaron. My aunt went to school years and years ago to be a CTC *but ended up drawing maps for International paper company LOL* So she is very very good at interaction with him and so is her daughter.

My mom's side of the fam is kind of 'I dont get it' about the whole situation-- mostly because they dont spend any time with him. (And my cousin has an autie too, go figure)

I have to share this, before I forget.

There is this boy, he's maybe 14 or 16 that sits outside one of the main roads on the sidewalk to watch the cars go by. I see him come into my store a lot too with his family or aides. (He's seriously adorable)

I have seen him rocking/stimming while watching the cars so Im probably safe to say he's on the spectrum somewhere.

Yesterday I drove by and waved at him as I drove by-- and he waved back! That was seriously the best warm fuzzy! It gave me some hope that maybe in the future, my son would wave back to me too.

I just wish this whole thing wasnt so uncertain.
JungleMcButterchick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote