Old 02-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
...whether 'tis nobler to suffer and smile,
or give in to fatigue and give up for a while.
When one looks so normal and all appears fine,
and the secret of pain is secretly mine.
The pain... the burn... fatigue that will drop me,
to the floor, to colapse, to sleep, to rest, awe...there's the rub!

Yes, the rub is the fine line between when I have almost convinced myself from saying: I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT to hitting the brick wall and saying: NEVERMIND!

It's just that the brickwall comes out of nowhere when I least expect it... right at the time when everyone is saying "How great I look and how well I must be doing". I have been the great pretender for years and have gotten pretty darn good at it. So when I hit the wall, you may ask, "What's wrong?" to which I will (with automaticity) reply, "Nothing, I'm fine!"... OR (this one gets funnier all the time) "I'm just tired."

Oooh! I love Hamlet! (the Mel Gibson version, not the Kenneth Branagh version, altho, Olivier was very good too...)

Your soliloquy was very good.

I just went shopping with my parents to get V-day cards for my nieces. My poor parents, they're both exhausted today, and so am I, but apparently I must have been doing pretty good, because my dad kept sending me to go grab stuff for him, while he leaned on my mom's shopping cart and waited for her to pick out some cards. My mom has chronic pain from a back injury and 2 knee surgeries, and my dad has an enlarged heart and high blood pressure.

I'm planning on falling asleep in front of the tv while watching Criminal Minds tonight. I think I have another hour or two of energy left in me...maybe, if I just sit here and stare at the tv for a little bit.

I feel exhausted now and dont want to move. My parents are upstairs, asleep in the living room. They tired themselves out by eating Chinese food and buying V-day cards at the grocery store. (oh, and my dad had a bad day working at the hospital.

I learned something, dont go to the grocery store the day before valentines day if you're really tired. Because it's really tiring to have to fight your way thru the crowd of people getting cheap (nearly) meaningless gifts. I swear, people lose most of their manners when it comes to last minute shopping.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (02-14-2008)