View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
Talk about a reality check. This "barrel on through it" mentality is exactly what I have been doing for the last few years. When I look back on it, now I see how it has just gotten worse and worse ...

...I feel guilty even making this thread "all about me".
Wow, I can relate to what you're going through. After my diagnosis, I was in the midst of caring for my ailing parents remotely, traveling each weekend to see them out of town and it was wearing me out combined with work and home life. My MS and general health suffered greatly.

And don't apologize about making this about you. We all do that from time to time. We need to do that to let out our frustrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
I am considering an early retirement. It's just so hard because it seems like defeat. I was not finished with all I wanted to do with my career. Sometimes I just get so mad...

... I have always been the listener and fixer for everyone else. That's the way it is supposed to be for me. God is teaching me something, but I'm just not sure what.
Wow, I could have written that myself. I can feel your pain. I just hate it that this happens to so many of us. Please go easier on yourself, and really think about the article on fatigue that Cherie posted the link to. I re-read it myself, and it's right on. I hope things will settle down for you. Also, I hope your husband will start to feel better, that has to be so incredibly difficult not only for him but you too.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (03-02-2008)