View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 03:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Karen,
What a nice post! You just made me do a lot of thinking after reading your post! This is all so very, very true and I for one want to thank you for such a positive attitude that you have! Wow!! Such meaning in all of this that you wrote! You truly amaze me. I have a good friend who is dying of lung cancer(She never smoked a day in her life,) the doctors some how related this cancer to the breast cancer that she had 3-4 yrs. ago. The cancer has not spread, but it is wrapped around her main artery of her heart. They had her on the strongest chemo and it still will not shrink it. She NEVER complains, just says she's pretty tired. She coughs so much that her entire chest, back ribs hurt her. they even removed the breast that had the cancer in it and she is going down hill pretty fast. She has a good strong support of her family, has an 11 yr. old daughter, still go's to church. I don't know how my friend(Amy) comes to grips with all of this too. She asks me how I am doing? How I feel.. never about herself. she never says why me? She is now having Hospice coming to her home. She is around a 10 hour or more drive away from me. I seen her not too long ago and you can tell she's hurting, but is intent on listening to everyone else and how they are doing. So, again.. Karen, thank you for your "eye opening reply". ~Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote