View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
Hi Kelly~ I read this thread when you first posted it and felt the need to revisit. I usually pass the Grief Forum by; maybe b/c if I don't stop and read, well~ then I don't have to confront my feelings.

You already know that I lost both my parents w/in 3 1/2 yrs, w/Mom just last June. We did so much together. She was my shopping buddy, my phone buddy and just amazing in so many ways. My DH considered her his Mom too.

I can't believe how much I still miss her. Time was supposed to fix that, right? I miss my Dad too, but when he passed, we still had Mom, and she held us together *5 kids and families*

I'm not angry, just still feel so much sadness w/o her.

Guess I just needed to vent that.

And, Kelly~ I know how much you have lost; and you always show so much strength and poise. I'm sure it hasn't been an easy ride for you either. Thanks for listening.

DM

I think about my Mom, Dad, husband (and now my sister ) every day. Not a day goes by that I don't miss them. My parents were elderly and had full, happy lives. While I still miss them terribly I guess I came to terms with their death more than I did with my husband and sister. They were both young - in the prime of their lives. I just don't understand.

I guess my faith that I will see them again in Heaven keeps me going. Some days are harder than others - I don't know why. Some days I can look at pictures and remember the things we all used to do and be OK and others I just sob over the fact that they are not here with me.

I'm so sorry for your losses even though with time the pain is dulled it's never gone. Like you, I'm over the "angry" stage - I just feel the sadness of having so many taken from me. But, I guess that just means we have compassionate hearts. Take care, DM, and know that I can relate very much to what you're feeling.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (04-09-2008)