View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
yeah cherie that was kind of weird Barb explained it so well, I was trying about 3 weeks ago to explain it to the doc, I didnt know that is the MS HUG now I do , I always just say tightness in the chest and difficult breathing,

thats what made me think of it too, I used the phrase to the neuro draw a line from here to here on front and back of my body,

Is your hug (sometimes or always) accompanied by numbness/skin sensations too? I used to describe the sensations as like having a 6 or 8 inch elastic belt or band, stretched to the max, wrapped around my middle, and released so that it is squeezing my skin (and everything else).

Honestly, this isn't that common, but your neuro should recognize what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
If I could ask you something cherie, i mentioned it around 4 am this morning on here and dont remember where there's a big surprise.

The period inbetween flares, relapse's whatever term you want to use, is there any terminology for the false sense of security between flares, I would like to read any info about it from a pysch aspect.

I will try to explain this, so here goes, its almost like I forgot some of my SX? does that make sense or am i just blocking it out, sort of like a false security like oh good flare up is gone so is MS. this has just been such a weird flare, every time my flares have always been on left side, and this time its all backwards, its all on right side, I pretty much have myself convinced from a mental standpoint I am so off guard this time because I have put the MS far enough back in my mind and dealt with other issues and centered on those instead, but not sure I am that bright

would be interested in reading about this, it has to be a common thread to MS that false sense of oh good its finally gone. sorry to babble

Flare Sis you hang in there too, first one out of it, gets to drive the little red corvette

I think we have to, as a coping mechanism, Frank. Quite honestly, if I thought I would have to live forever with the "extremes" I've gone through, I wouldn't want to.

I don't know if they have a name for it, but I am very thankful it isn't "all on" all the time. When it's not, and even though I never go back to "normal" any more, I appreciate every day to the fullest.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (04-08-2008), weegot5kiz (04-09-2008)