View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
I have pain with the spasticity. It's like living on the edge of a charley horse or a cramp when it's not bad, and it IS the full cramp when it is bad!

That's exactly what mine feels like.....almost like a muscel cramp but not quite. Like you, I have to stretch my hands often throughout the day. I'm scared to stretch my legs too much because that will generate a cramp that lasts forever it seems!

I tend to have most of my symptoms on my right side - although I've had them on both sides at the same time.

I never know what I'm gonna get......the Neurontin at the dosage I'm on (600mg 3X daily) make me loopy as a goose and I cannot walk straight when I'm on it. I usually don't take all 3 doses but I do take the evening one. If my Neuro adds a pain medication to the mix I can only imagine what I'll be like. As it is now I rarely go out and when I do (like to the grocery store or drug store) I don't take my medication beforehand because I don't want to stagger.

I'm not complaining...really...I'm thankful I have access to these meds to help with the pain. Sometimes I just wonder what tomorrow holds.....guess we all do and we all just never know....
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote