View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Please make sure you aren't talking yourself into it. SOmeitmes, by not being on the meds, we can have a sense of denial (I should take my own adivice here, but nah). Also, interferons lower your serotonin levels, and there are natural ways you can go about increasing them, which will combat the depression!!!
For instance, 5-HTP, green leafy veggies, bananas, soy, lentiles, pumpkin, exposure to bright sunlight, exercise (sixty mins), NADH, SAMe, Fish rich diet.

On top of everything else, the interferons can take 3-6 months before you do not have the side effects!! I know that is a long time, but if you can hang in there, it sounds as if it is the best (once again, own advice, but can't right now).

Good luck. Don't give up on them to quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Here I am again worrying about what to do. Oh yeah, and having a short cry too. I tried the Rebif for almost 2 weeks. Not only did it trigger depression (which is something I have had for years but was/is under control) but it made me so sick all 24 hours, 7 days a week (no break at all) that half the time I couldn't get out of bed. Sick as a dog. I was switched to Copaxone. I was feeling extremely optimistic about this, even though it was daily. I've been on it 2+ weeks now. Yet I seem to be having unbearable side effects from the C. To be expected, the shots hurt like hell but the skin reactions haven't been too bad--some go away after 2 hours. BUT I started out with migraines, nausea, and super anxiety (like drinking 20 cups of coffee). A couple of times I have had chest pain and feel short of breath. Tonight I got the shortness of breath again not to mention the fact that I just feel like I have the flu--still having headaches, nausea, insomnia, and now some muscle aches. I was told C. shouldn't do this. Overall, I have never tolerated medications very well. I know all of our bodies are different but I feel like a failure. Everyone else seems to be able to handle the C.

My fear is: what is next????? I feel like I have to take something, esp. after the neuro scared the crap out of me about my brain. And I want to take something. What if I can't tolerate anything? It's not like there are many options out there. The only real symptom I've had is O.N. Tysabri seems a little scary and don't you usually go on it if you are having more overt severe symptoms?

What if I can't tolerate anything and the MS just progresses?

I feel like I can't seem to get a handle on the MS this past week or so. I think being on the meds just makes it that much more "real."

I am feeling really scared about this and overwhelmed.

Had onset attack in 4/2000

Can stop blaming myself for symptoms now.

Visit me on
beautytransforming is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote