View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 02:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
none of the meds that you are on are antipsychotics. There are several: seroquel, abilify, geodon(which I liked alot)

Ok
I am not a doctor again but I waould call yours asap!
It sounds as if YOU DO NEED an antipsychotic cause that is what is happening to you.....been there ...done that....
the anti depressant may be contributing to this mania and I think that needs to be cut back or discontinued entirely.
This is why I think you need to call your pdoc.
It is hard for us to be rational when manic...we need to have somebody else tell us.
Last time I was hospitalized...I was "fine" it was my best friend who told me I was manic....that is the word I needed to hear to make myself stop...other wise I would have just kept spiraling higher and higher. It was the prozac that I was on that did that to me....
ok...
just very very concerned....
bizi
The Celexa did bring on a manic episode when they doubled it back at the beginning of September. That's when they started thinking maybe I'm bipolar, but I had had manic episodes before this and relatively recently too, so that is not the sole cause for them, IMO.

I totally hear you that we need somebody else to tell us. That's exactly what I meant when I told Christopher I went to him because I was in despirate need of "grounding".

He told me today that he has been there before with his exes, he thinks these things are normal in some sense- even the "horror movie hallucinations" which I then explained that they are not a matter of being angry and thinking "I'm so mad at you I just want to stab you", but rather having a movie play of horrible things and not being able to make them stop! He also said he did not want to read "the bipolar handbook" (as I said one post up) because he feels he's read many books on the subject and he is Christian Scientist and prefers to not think in terms of "unwell". I can see where he is coming from because I have been studying a lot of the Christian Scientist literature. HOWEVER, I told him that I am in no way able to deal with this through prayer right now. I'm just not learned enough or lucid enough right now. And when he basically refused the book, I was very hurt because it felt like he didn't want to learn about "where I am". He then took my hand and asked me to tell him and he'd be quiet. So I did. All in all, it wasn't a bad lunch and much talked about. I don't feel nearly like I did yesterday, but I still have not called my psych. dr. As I said, I do not have one really. I know I am seeing someone but I forget whom and our first meeting is not until Wednesday afternoon for 2 1/2 hours. Without this, they would tell me to call my primary dr. for a med change, or maybe tell me to contact psych. ER. I needed that last night I guess, but I was so feeling I was "with it", I didn't even think of it. In fact, I saw a man outside with no shirt on (its cold here) - outside Meijer- and he was acting weird and it was dark and I was sure he was gonna attack me if I went out there (I was going to leave) and so I stayed inside, thinking "He's really insane. Glad I know enough to keep my clothes on!" But still, I did go out there after a couple minutes and figured if he tried anything, I'd just beat him to a pulp. I often think about attacking people for no reason.

Gotta go pick up the kids from school now. Back in a few.