View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 04:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear your situation - it's a tough one and a lot of us here on this board can relate. I appreciated your description (feels like my brains are loose in my head) as I've had difficulty trying to express how this symptom feels. To me, it's like when an elevator stops to quickly, and you get a little "butterfly" in your head...very weird sensation. Not vertigo, not really dizziness, but like you said, like our brains are loose.

I saw a really good vestibular physiotherapist who deals with balance and she explained that when we injure our brains, the information input from our eyes and ears to our injured brain isn't interpreted like it used to be (before injury). And our sense of where we are in space is off. I have been doing "habituation exercises" to retrain my brain where I am, and this is helping, although very slowly. And if I overdue anything, especially driving or being in a moving vehicle too long, this particular symptom comes back with a vengence. I literally have to spend more time resting, with quiet and no visual stimulation, for it to calm down.

Good luck,
MargN

Quote:
Originally Posted by agntornge View Post
it feels like my brains loose inside my head and any quick movement or shaking of my head will give me another concussion. im wondering if my problem might be in my brainstem since it feels like my brains just sloshing around inside my skull.. any one know anything about brainstem injuries?? all ct, mri scans ive had have been normal. just curious..
MargN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote