15 yr Member
Teeth Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
hi monique,

welcome to NT.
wow. you're a real success in my book.
what accomplishments you already have.
you are managing so much in your life in a positivie manner.
i'm sure that will con't.

i have gotten scared along the way too.
when that happens i try to come up with a plan. having a plan to deal with fears, and happenstances in my life is what keeps the fear in check.

i was dx'd at 53. that was 5 yrs ago. i was a NICU RN for 35 yrs and couldn't keep up with the physical demand. but, i've remained active. i'm still independent and drive. i figure if my legs don't let me drive my hands will.

stay positive. don't give up. you may have to make some adjustments but you'll find a way around it. listening to your body is a biggy too. give yourself some time to rest when needed.

i know you're going to do this.
hope to hear more of your posts.
Hi,

Yes.. I think that is the hardest part for me, understanding my body sometimes will do what it wants to whether I like it or not. I was slightly embarrassed when I had the muscle spasms in class and people were freaking out and calling 911 thinking I was having a stroke.

I was having a miserable time for the first couple weeks. I was very down but I think I'm coming out of it by meeting people on here and trying to move on with my life and knowing MS will change things but I'll get through it all somehow.

I think what really bothered me, I was working in Hospice this past semester and two people in our program had MS and one was only 21 and she wasn't doing too well when I left.

I think tomorrow I will eat ice cream and watch movies and relax. Thank you for writing to me, I really appreciate it!

Monique
mom23angels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Natalie8 (05-24-2008)