View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Help

A few thoughts but first welcome to our community. I am sorry you are facing this. I am not as knowledgable as many here but have been to so many docs and many are idiots but you can't give up. I have seen multiple docs in the same field to get answers and tests run. Do you have insurance? What state do you live in? I think it is good you are going to a neuro and hopefully they will run an mri and other tests to rule out ms etc or find more answers. Since I don't know if you have insurance some of this may be hard. I would also try to find a good primary doc like an internist. How long ago did this start? Can a family member go with you to an apt? I am a younger one here too 29 and when I first started to go to apt I was unprepared. Now I am more armed. I always go with any test results I have,a list of my symptoms and questions. Don't back down if the doc brushes you off. I had to push so hard for one of my mris but they ended up doing it. Better to be safe then sorry. I know how scary this is and lonely. Anxiety is part of my life too because there is so much unknown. Please hang in there and I hope one of our experts will come along. Some of the info I learned here is better then some of the top docs I have seen at major hospitals
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote