View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi Pretty in Pink!!!
Hi there!! It is sooo good that you have came here for support!! I never have a problem with pot...I was booze booze booze and had some real issues with lorezapam and tylenol with codiene and tylenol 3. I think that you should definitely see your doctor...get some blood work done. The gym is an excellant idea. My son went to re hab a year and a half ago for years of marijuana smoking....he felt that he could deal with it alone and never got the help of other addicts when he got out. He did not stay clean. I am a firm believer of 12 step programs. I do believe that we can help you here but living eating and breathing my 12 step program was the only way I could get and stay clean and sober. I have been that way for 8 years now!
After living a certain way for so long it is difficult to change but doing things for yourself for your health and wellbeing is wonderful. Walking is good as well. Setting small goals is a great thing to try....it fills your time and helps you to get busy. You said you are staring school...that is good as well...focus on your work and homework and make a point to check it and dot your I's and cross your T's!!! Put your all into it. We addicts are funny....when we are in our addiction we can at times appear lazy and blah.....however most of us are capable of so very much.
Pretty...your life is about to change in ways that you never thought possible...ever.. for yourself! Educate yourself as much as possible about it....reach out and ASK for help when you need it...see that doctor...buckle your seatbelt...it may be bumpy at times but when you get thru the rough spots...your life will be an incredible ride!!!
I will not be online from Mon to Thurs this week but I will check in on Thursday night to see how you are doing!! Remember...one day at a time...take care of yourself...I will be thinking of you ...Dorrie

LOVE DORRIE!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (09-08-2008), prettynpinkk (09-07-2008), SandyC (09-07-2008)