View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 06:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh Dear Sally,
I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time of it recently. I don't live alone, and I don't need the use of assistive devices yet. My husband and I live in a one level home. Most homes in Fla. are one level, and there are days when I get home from working that I know that I wouldn't be able to handle living in a two level home. I think your idea of a one level condo close to your daughter sounds like a sound one to me.

There are many assisted communities around the area where we live, and the people who reside there seem to be quite happy (from what I can see). I've done some volunteer work and most of the patrons seem to be very self sufficient and happy. The social life is built in, so you won't feel like a shut in, and they even have people to help clean your apartments. Have you discussed this with your lovely daughter? Are there any one level condos or assisted living communities in the area near your daughter?

I tend to agree with the others. Try getting a good real estate agent and take your time. In the meantime, please be careful. We need your smiling face around here.

Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote