View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Attempts made

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhatsize View Post
Dear Bola,

Back in the late 'seventies, some psychologists developed the theory of, "Depressive Realism". The theory is that normal people have a skewed perspective on life which leads them to believe, despite the contrary evidence, that there is importance and meaning to their lives. It is the Depressives who have an objective view of reality which accounts for their depression.

Nevertheless, clinical depression is a pathological state, however realistic it may be. If you are prescribed the appropriate drugs by a psychiatrist, you may be able to enjoy your life on a daily basis while still understanding, cognitively, that it is meaningless.

Cordially,
highhatsize
I was put on paxil in the past, it's hard to say if it really helped or not, but the doctors eventually took me off it. After moving to Texas everything has become worse, and now they have me on 1mg Clonazepam. They help me enjoy life a bit more, but the thought of having to swallow pills the rest of my life scares me to death. I have friends who have taken the same things I have, and they can no longer function as a human without them. I can function, I can put on a pretty face no matter what the pain is inside me, or confusion. I have no insurance either, so being able to afford any kind of medication is killing me. I'd love to seek out other kinds of therapy, I just wouldn't know how to pay for such things, as I have other issues regarding my finances as well.

Thanks for being the lone responder, I've been trying to get the ball rolling it just takes so much more than what I have to offer.

So I take it one day at a time.
Bola is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (10-02-2008)