Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 01:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tranquilizer , not an Antidepessant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bola View Post
I was put on paxil in the past, it's hard to say if it really helped or not, but the doctors eventually took me off it. After moving to Texas everything has become worse, and now they have me on 1mg Clonazepam. They help me enjoy life a bit more, but the thought of having to swallow pills the rest of my life scares me to death. I have friends who have taken the same things I have, and they can no longer function as a human without them. I can function, I can put on a pretty face no matter what the pain is inside me, or confusion. I have no insurance either, so being able to afford any kind of medication is killing me. I'd love to seek out other kinds of therapy, I just wouldn't know how to pay for such things, as I have other issues regarding my finances as well.

Thanks for being the lone responder, I've been trying to get the ball rolling it just takes so much more than what I have to offer.

So I take it one day at a time.

Dear Bola,

Clonazepam is a tranquilizer in the same family as Xanax. It isn't an antidepressant. You really need to be diagnosed by a psychiatrist but that seems beyond your financial reach. Walmart now sells Paxil in generic form for four dollars a month.

Paxil worked for me dramatically in the past at a very high dosage, (90mg./mo.). It had no overt effect on my affect, it just stopped me from being depressed. It is necessary, however, to take it every day. Currently, I take regular dosage Lexapro that works even better.

Cordially,

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - T. Roosevelt
highhatsize is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (10-02-2008)