View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 04:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone so much for your comments and support. I finally got my referral this morning and I see the neuro on Jan 2nd. 8:00am. Now that will be a real treat getting out of the house by 7:30am LOL.

I have started keeping a journal, and the last time I went through this (7 years ago) I had written out a lifetime of issues to give to that neuro. He poo-pooed it as if it meant absolutely nothing. It took me a long time to write that out and I felt completely invalidated by him....the big jerk.

This new doc I'm going to is closer to home and is a woman as well. I think I like that idea of having a woman doctor. I hope and pray she is the kind that at least listens....ya know, sometimes all one needs is someone to listen and at the very least validate even if they can't tell you what's going on.

Neurontin.....great stuff. I was on it 7 years ago and it did help a lot. The calves of my legs were very very sore and tight....the neurontin really made it much easier for me to get around. I'm having somewhat of the same problem again with my legs. I was on all kinds of meds 7 years ago....within a year, I was off of everything. That's a story for another time. I have not taken anything since except for some ativan for occasional anxiety, once script of 20 pills usually lasts me a whole year.

I guess I will have to pull out my life story and add the last 7 years to it to bring to the neuro. I don't think we'll touch on everything...but it's helpful to have something to read from as I would never remember it all.

I've tried really hard to make myself think this was all in my head (yeah i know...MS is in your head and spine LOL) but in the mental health way. Oh it's just stress and anxiety. I'm looking for attention. It's not really happening, I'm making it all up. I've tried to ignore it and keep myself busy. (heck, I am busy) I'm not mentally ill. Suffering a bit of depression maybe....but nothing that is controlling my life and it's just bits now and again. I'm a pretty happy go lucky individual for the most part. Even with the stress of no insurance, I'm ok with that....I've always been of the belief that we get what we need. Nothing has changed thus far in that realm.

Ok, I'm rambling now LOL. Thanks again so much for all your words/posts/support and caring. I'm truly blessed.

seara
seara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (12-12-2008), Gazelle (12-14-2008), SallyC (12-13-2008), tkrik (12-12-2008)