View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Thanks for all the informative articles. Kay, the one on myoclonus was interesting to me 'cos I've had the hiccups quite frequently the past couple of weeks. Just since the spasticity has gotten worse. I'm wondering if this is also MS induced? I have the myoclonic jerking a lot at night....especially once I fall asleep. Once I am asleep I'll usually wake myself up with my arm or leg jerking. Tricia and I were talking about this the other day...wondering if it has anything to do with the body relaxing enough to not be able to stop the movement.

Kelly - I asked about this yesterday at the neuros. We were right about the conscience helping out with the jerking but in a sleep state it is totally different. She did say that some of my "jerking" and spasticity like that can be due to fatigue and overdoing it.

Also, she mentioned that with the cooler temps at night and adding blankets on the bed the weight of them could be triggering and/or adding to the nocturnal myoclonus activity. Time to reevaluate my blankets. LOL

I need to learn to pace myself. I seriously don't know how.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (12-23-2008), SandyC (12-23-2008)