View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post
EEO3,

Oh, don't ever apologize! I am just saying...the ON is one hateful, miserable thing to have to deal with. And it IS difficult to describe what it really feels like. I used to try to tell people it sort of feels like one of those "ice cream" headaches; you know the ones that come on real quick after eating ice cream too fast. Only that it was ALWAYS in the back of my head. If I said that or something similar, then they kind of understood it. Oh, and the Klonopin was prescribed for "burning sensations" in my hands and feet. And, yep, went through all the testing for small fiber neuropathy. Long story short Neurologist now says Central Pain Syndrome or Central Sensitization. I don't think it came on from the surgeries themselves. I think it occured because the nerve roots were compressed for waaaaaaaay to long. But that is just my own theory. Plus, I was on every med under the sun; that changed to Xanax which worked wonderfully and now Klonopin. The good thing is...for the last 3 or 4 years I have stayed at the same dose.
Oh, and yes, I take Vicodin as well but only one sometimes two a day...it makes me real chatty. Can ya tell? LOL! Hang in there and I hope you can see some relief soon. I meet with my own NS next week because my arms are in a lot of pain. So, who knows? I am guessing the C6/C7 but let me see what he has to say.

Kathi, I just posted the results of the lumbar MRI in the spinal disorders thread. I'm really depressed now. More disc issues. I already have enough to deal with and now this! I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stop talking on these stupid meds. I'm still at the same dose to although until this week, I wasn't taking them steadily. I'm beginning to feel like I'm literally falling apart. Too much gloom and doom here and I'm blaming the meds again. Do you also get brain zaps from klonopin? I do and its a trade off for me - lessen the burning pain and put up with brain zaps. And now a visit with a new NS. Just what I wanted in the new year, another doctor . Anyway, I'm gonna go bury my head in the sand...
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote