View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
Cherie, she asked you that because you are posting replies as if you are a doctor. I personally stray away from giving medical advice even though I have 20+ years of experience and knowledge of ms and have worked 13+ years in the field. I don't ever want to be responsible for someone taking medical advice from me, a "laymanish" person even if I had good intentions. Besides, I don't have the piece of paper to do so.
Seriously, do you want me to dig through everyone’s posts here to show how often someone offers a medical “suggestion” on here (and every other MS forum)? “Cut the pill in ½”, “try exercising for that spasticity”, “be sure to taper off to that med”, “most people start out with a low dosage”, etc.

And, on almost every posting to the “newly dx”, someone pops in to say that it is worthwhile to discuss the DMD’s with their doctor, ESPECIALLY if the person is having a ton of relapses.

Give me a break! I don’t even do the DMD’s, but they are mainstream gold standard for MS. That approach is common sense for anyone who has been dealing with this disease, NOT medical advice.

Cherie