Old 02-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
So the questions:
Does a flare up last for months? Do the sxs of a flareup sometimes stay permanently?
Do some sxs dissipate and others stay when a flare lessens?
How does the neuro know if you're RR or SP? How do you know if you go into SP from RR? Not that I want to find out, just curious.

I swear, I feel more confused now then before I was dxd...I'd like to go back to just putting my ostrich head in the sand and not going to the doc...
My first flare (2003) lasted about three months...both of my legs were numb. It resolved itself before I could be dx. My next flare (about two years later in 2005) lasted about five months. I had double vision, L'Hermitts, Bells Palsy, dizziness, numbness and tremors. I have permanent nerve damage from that flare. My right hand and arm is numb. My Neuro says it's permanent. I have regained some use of it back...or trained myself to use it.

I don't know how they determine when you've gone SP from RR. I think it's when you see just a steady decline with no recovery but I could be mistaken.

It's a tricky disease with no two people the same. I can see why it's so hard to dx if you don't have obvious lesions or your LP comes back normal.

I feel fortunate to have gotten back what little use I have of my right hand and arm. There for a while it was completely useless and that's a scary feeling.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (02-23-2009)