View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 03:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Judy, I'm ashamed to say that I don't know what mine is. My GP runs the thyroid panel every year, and always says it is within normal parameters, but I've never asked her exactly what it is. If I remember next time I'm there, I'll ask.
I just saw her Monday for what I had already suspected is gluten sensitivity. I had experimented on my own by cutting out gluten for a few days, then eating it again before my appontment, and based on the results of my few days gluten free, she figures I am gluten sensitive, at the least. She took blood for a celiac test. If I have celiac it would explain a lot of my symptoms. I'm currently 3 days completely gluten free, and the difference is absolutely amazing. But the most wonderful benefit I've gotten is that I'm not as fatigued. So I believe much of the fatigue I was attributing to the MG was actually from the gluten. It will be interesting to see if the celiac test comes back positive. If it does, that will make 3 autoimmune diseases for me, Graves' Disease, MG, and celiac.
Plus-------TADAA!!!!(Sounds of trumpets blaring and drums beating!!) ----
I've lost 3 pounds since Monday. Hooray!
Hugs, and cheers for me!