View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Kangan water

When I said Kangan water has the same rate of success as craniosacral therapy I was trying to not influence the success rate of either.

The studies show that both have a success rate just about the same as a placebo. If I was going to pay for a therapy to get the "placebo effect", I would choose the least expensive. One of the values in the placebo effect is the not knowing the science or lack thereof and thus being able to use the belief system of the body to help with the healing.

The only other alternative therapy that has been mentioned in this forum has been the light therapy. It was suggested to me back in 2000. It does not work by placebo effect. It actually causes neurological changes. The jury is still out on the long term effects of light therapy. It is best suited for PTSD and less suited for concussion injuries. Some are concerned that it may have long term side effects like ECT, Electro-Convulsive Therapy (Shock treatments).

Some of us, especially the older persons, have to be careful about treatments that attempt to modify the brain. Brains that are over 40 years old have very little resiliency compared to brains of 20-somethings.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (07-04-2010)