View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imahotep View Post
I get it too.

I used to be able to will an itch away. Indeed I can even make something itch and then stop it by thinking about it, but not this itch. It's mainly in two places. The one I'm more comfortable talking about is my upper back. I have to go at it with a bread knife to stop it but it usually works for an hour or two. It's on a pretty tight schedule really and mainly gives me trouble at night. When I'm getting readdy for bed is the worst. If I try to make it stop it gets an ugly pain and the area feels like dead meat. I've never gone past this stage without scratching it. It is in the affected area.

For a while I thought that perhaps it became more sensitive to heat and it was being burned in the shower but cooler water hasn't helped.
Mine is all day, it hasn't woke me up but the RSD pain does, it is my whole body and head. I have done everything I can think of...I tried prednisone, benadryl, different detergents, stopped pain pills for two days, (that was fun) its like it is itching from the inside out...it doesn't stop but I have read the RSD can do that..I have an appointment Friday, hopefully, the doctor can give me something...hopefully, gee, another pill to add to my collection!
Martg1946 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote