View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Withdrawel

I have had a hard time trying to withdraw from pain meds for 8 years now. It started after a boating accident. I tried Suboxone for about 9 months a couple of years ago, the first few days it seemed like a miracle drug after 36 hrs of feeling like I wanted to die. I did not go into a hospital, I found a doctor with in my area who prescribes the med. I have great ins, but none of the doctors who prescribed it took insurance, they charged $100.00 for a 5 min visit, then wanted to see me in a nother 3 days which was $100.00 every time you walked in the door. He finally got it down to 1 time a week. He would only give out 2 weeks supply at a time. Any doctor can do this, they just have to attend an 8 week class to get certified. It got extremely expensive. My ins. did pay for the medication though. If the Suboxone was not covered by ins, it would have been way over $100.00 for each time I picked up a new script. It is a bit of a dangerous drug, you have to be SO careful of what you take with it or you can get deathly ill. Unlike methadone you can not take any other opiate based medication without a reaction, no matter what may happen to you. Even mixing benzo's like Zanax or Valium can make you very sick. I think if you can waen your self down from what you are on now is your best bet, if you can do it! I sure hope you can. My prayers are with you my friend. Let me know how you are doing. I am still trying to get off of Norco myself, completely off and withdrawels are something I would not wish on anyone. There the worst thing ever. Best of luck.