View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZjanie View Post
I wish I weren't so sensitive. I let things get to me and am easily hurt by comments others make.

On another board I frequent there was a discussion on election results and I made a comment about the President elect and was immediately attacked by several with "thank yous" by some others for their posted comments against me!

I had been posting on that group for quite a while now and never expected the group to turn on me like that; after all I posted and pm'd a moderator to tell them I was sorry.

This whole incident is just really making me feel awful.

I wonder; has this happened to anyone else here and what did you do about it to get over it? Maybe I should just get away from the boards for awhile and take a break??

One thing is for sure; I am not posting anything with that group!!
I happened upon your message, and I've spent most of my life feeling alone and actually being alone. (have to say, I married my true soul mate in 1992 and he is a saint --or a pod from another planet)... Anyway I was having one of my rehab sessions and after saying something innocent, the physical therapist said, "Stop being so sensitive!" Well, I proved him right because I started to cry! Yikes. I've often thought it would be so much easier to have a hard heart instead of empathy and concern for others. I've been told the 'too sensitive' line a thousand times - and I frankly don't understand it. Why is caring a crime ??? I'm venting and I've never 'met' you I just read your msg and felt compelled to write.
pearl girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-15-2009), BlueMajo (04-08-2009), Twinkletoes (04-08-2009)