Thread: My Journey!
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hey Connie!

What an amazing story! The one common factor with ALL of us is that we were considered "crazy" b/c we were not able to do "normal" things.....So very sad.

I must say your sense of humor and upbeat attitude are amazing! I've seen a lot of people become really bitter and hateful after a while, so your story in particular touched me........

I too feel blessed and lucky to be here and am trying to turn a real negatie into a positive - as bad as I have ever felt, there is always someone somewhere feeling worse, so I keep that in mind..............

I've also learned to not take anything/anyone for granted - EVER! We have been given the rare opportunity to experience things from a different point of view and I do not take that lightly.........MY faith has also gotten me through the lowest points......I was very, very bitter for a while there and needed help getting through the dark times so I found a fabulous church and am so thankful!

I would like to do a "Day in the life of MG" for people who do not understand our disease....maybe it would help, maybe not, but if it helped ONE person understand then it would be worth it!

Hang in there!
Erin